Re: paper on error correction algorithm in Emacs ada-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: paper on error correction algorithm in Emacs ada-mode
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 14:03:18 +0300

> From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 10:54:56 -0700
>
> I've posted a draft paper on the error correction algorithm used in the
> Emacs ada-mode parser at
> https://stephe-leake.org/ada/error_correction_algorithm.pdf. I'd
> appreciate any comments.

I've read it, thanks.  I'm unsure what kind of comments you are asking
for: most of the paper deals with various algorithmic aspects of
tweaking parse trees in order to facilitate support for IDE features
in presence of parse errors, something which I guess is mainly of
interest for people who work on implementing such tolerant parsers?