Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Proposal for an Emacs User Survey
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 12:48:27 +0300

* Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@gmail.com> [2020-10-20 11:23]:
> I agree, but that's because of difficulties inherent to polling, not
> because of a bias that could have been easily avoided.

It is not difficult, it is one simple stupid HTML, make it nice with
CSS, form can be accepted and saved in file for later processing.

Further there is free software for that, there are systems like
Wordpres, Drupal and other website revision software.

There is something like LimeSurvey for complexities:
https://community.limesurvey.org/downloads/

You can survey in pure bash shell:
https://blog.eduonix.com/shell-scripting/learn-cgi-scripting-using-bash-in-linux-shell-scripting/

I would do it in nothing else but Emacs to write the form, and to
accept the form over CGI. It would then be stored as encrypted Emacs
Lisp data in file, and later could be evaluated.