orderless/bookmarks

From: Jean Louis
Subject: orderless/bookmarks
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 12:52:13 +0300

* Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> [2020-11-06 22:28]:
> > > Icicles or library orderless.el provides such
> > > behavior.
> >
> > https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DrewsElispLibrari
> > es__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!PeXT38xLaZ0WLPhzhQoy50PH99rQt9z2shHRkvYnymiDP96UbGsrHqcRD
> > 1EpQbPv$
> >
> > Incremental search on that page does not give me: orderless.el - where
> > is it?
>
> It's not one of my libraries.  I mentioned it because,
> like Icicles "progressive completion", it lets you get
> matches of multiple patterns without respect to order.
>
> Googling "orderless.el" tells me it's here:
> https://github.com/oantolin/orderless

Thank you.

I was also researching bookmark handlers in bookmark.el in built-in
Emacs.

From: bookmark-alist
HANDLER is a function that provides the bookmark-jump behavior for a
specific kind of bookmark instead of the default `bookmark-default-handler'.
This is the case for Info bookmarks, for instance.  HANDLER must accept
a bookmark as its single argument.

I am following it inside as I may wish to use built-in bookmark
functions for storage into database that later may be expanded into
various different formats.