Re: gnus-group-read-ephemeral-search-group -- Something Changed?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: gnus-group-read-ephemeral-search-group -- Something Changed?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 16:41:17 -0800

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> at this point, I'm unable to get it work --- also, if you have a gmail
> account, it should be relatively easy to try my solution to gmail search

Okay, I've checked the emacspeak code, and tried to make sure everything
works. gnus-search now avoids parsing search queries when they come via
an 'nnir-query-spec key.

Your code passes the query in as:

`(nnir-specs (nnir-query-spec (query ,q)))

I'm not sure how this works with Emacs 27, as nnir expects the query to
be a cons cell (ie, (query . ,q)) not a two-element list. But I guess it
must be working! I've added an extra check in gnus-search to catch this
case. I hope everything's working now.

Eric