Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2020 20:39:39 +0530

* Alan Mackenzie <20201104173954.GA14535@ACM> :
Wrote on Wed, 4 Nov 2020 17:39:54 +0000:
> On Wed, Nov 04, 2020 at 18:47:10 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> > Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 21:08:53 +0000
>> > From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
>> > OK, I've extracted a new function `live_minibuffer_p'  from
>> > Fminibufferp, and call that directly from the mini-window emptying
>> > code.  (The new second parameter in Fminibufferp is still needed,
>> > since it is used in minibuffer.el.)
[snip]

These patches introduce a regression on "graphical" emacs -

1. emacs -Q

2. M-: (setq pop-up-frames 'graphic-only)

3. M-! g <TAB>

This should pop up a *Completions* buffer in a new frame.

On choosing the completion (via a button1 or by navigating to the
desired point and typing RET) - the frame should be automatically
hidden[1]

This doesn't happen anymore and the completion buffer and frame remain
there taking up focus.

[1] default value for frame-auto-hide-function is #'iconify-frame, but
if your window manager cannot iconify it, set
(setq frame-auto-hide-function #'delete-frame)