Re: Two fixes for module bug when interleaving threads

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Two fixes for module bug when interleaving threads
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 09:25:04 +0200

> From: Philipp Stephani <p.stephani2@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 21:57:41 +0100
>
> I just pushed two fixes for the same bug that appears when
> interleaving module calls in separate threads:
> cdc632fbe6e149318147a98cccf1b7af191f2ce8 for the release branch and
> 23974cfa48b9245658667eff81d132b3aecd2618 for master. The intention was
> that a simpler and more localized fix should go to the release branch,
> the "proper" fix to master. Now I've realized that arguably the
> simpler fix is overall better: it's more localized, touches fewer
> moving pieces, and is probably not significantly slower (though I
> haven't benchmarked it). Any opinions? If people agree, we can
> overwrite the fix on master with the fix on the release branch.

Thanks, but the changes are too significant to go to the release
branch before they are properly tested on master.  With the start of
Emacs 27.2 pretest imminent, I feel it's unsafe to make such changes
there.  So I've reverted the commit on the release branch.

We can revisit this for Emacs 27.3, or if the pretest of Emacs 27.2
takes longer than I expect.