Re: emacs-27 d7a4cea: ; Add a new item to TODO

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-27 d7a4cea: ; Add a new item to TODO
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 20:20:08 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 12:51:09 -0500
>
> I fully agree.  But the above paragraph you installed is factually
> incorrect, so anyone who reads this TODO and wants to act on it will
> start with an incorrect understanding of the problem at hand and may
> even give up right away seeing code like `bset_redisplay` and thinking
> that the problem has already been solved.

Feel free to make that text more accurate, sure.  As long as we agree
that the problem exists, I see no need to argue.  The relevant code is
complex enough for me to welcome any insights from anyone, certainly
from you.  I don't claim to have a 100% clear vision of everything
that's going on with these flags.  I write that text so that we don't
forget the problem, and so that maybe someone will want to work on
this, and make the maintenance easier.