Re: bug#30854: 27.0.50; Speeding up package.el startup

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: bug#30854: 27.0.50; Speeding up package.el startup
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 17:55:26 +0100

>> I have come up to think of a thing when quickstart is creating
>> autoloads. It currently loops through all packages avialable and
>> generates autoloads for them all, and adds them all to the path, it does
>> not seem to care about what user activated or not, at least how I
>> understand package-quickstart-refresh function.
>
> I does: it processes the packages using the exact same code as
> `package-activate-all`, so it obeys `package-load-list` (at least last
> time I checked).

Via   (package-activate (car elt)) ?

Sorry I was looking through and trying to understand how it works, I
am not 100% how it does it's thing yet.

What is the workflow for the user to disable a package from loading? I
don't see any fields where this information is saved for the future.

Do you have any plan to implement this?