RE: Recentish C-s M-y change

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Recentish C-s M-y change
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 08:54:03 -0800 (PST)

> Or we could just restore the behaviour to what it was -- why are these
> things changed without doing some rudimentary query of users?
>
> I too find this new behaviour annoying, and want it restored.

Query of users can be good.

In addition, this kind of thing should, I think, be
brought up in emacs-devel for discussion, before
being changed in the code.

More and more (my impression), things, even major
things, are getting changed through just bug reports.
Dunno whether that's intentionally to avoid wider
discussion, but it has that effect.

Bug threads not only have less participation; they
also tend to be more focused, possibly disregarding
wider implications.

I, for one, think it's better to hash things out
first here.