policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball - take

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball - take 2
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:32:34 -0800

Attached is an updated version of emacs/admin/notes/elpa, describing a
proposal for bundling ELPA packages in the emacs distribution.

I believe I have included all the recent discussions.

I think I figured out a way to resolve the submodles vs worktrees
dilemma; each emacs developer can choose. If they don't execute any
submodule commands, they can use worktrees.

If we can reach consensus on this, the next step would be to create a
feature branch and edit the code to implement this, then do a practice
release with that branch.

--
-- Stephe