Re: News from the lexical world

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: News from the lexical world
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 10:49:39 -0600

> Sorry to interrupt your great keybindings discussion, but I'll just
> point out that we have now converted to lexical-binding a bit over 80%
> of Emacs's ELisp files.
[...]
>     399 / 2003 = 19.920119820269594%

For comparison, the same figure on the emacs-27 branch is:

    1055 / 1871 = 56.38695884553715 %

IOW, we have already made some good progress for Emacs 28.  But there is
no reason to slow down now -- let's get it done.

If anyone is willing to help convert a couple of files, for example ones
that they are already familiar with, it would help us progress even
faster here.