Re: Function to normalize windows file name

From: yyoncho
Subject: Re: Function to normalize windows file name
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 15:49:38 +0200

Hi Eli,

The issue is the letter case because for one reason or another we often end up with file names being downcased. Apparently, file-truename is able to fix that issue(I was under the impression that it does not work that way).

Thanks,
Ivan

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 11:36 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
On February 16, 2021 10:56:43 AM GMT+02:00, yyoncho <yyoncho@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there emacs function that can be used to convert filename from
> C:\foo\bar to C:\Foo\Bar where C:\Foo\Bar is the path that one will
> see in
> native windows applications(e. g. Windows Explorer).
>
> Thanks,
> Ivan

I don't think I understand the request, since both file names you gave are identical except for the letter-case.

Is the issue the letter-case?  Or is it the backslashes instead of forward slashes?  Or something else?

Or maybe you could describe the actual issue you are trying to solve?