RE: [External] : Re: command mode-specificity [was: scratch/command 064f

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: command mode-specificity [was: scratch/command 064f146 1/2: Change...]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 18:28:32 +0000

> I think it would be good to try and clarify what should be the
> criterion, and not in terms of "should be listed in M-x" since that
> inherently depends on opinions, but rather in more technical terms that
> depend on what the command does.

Thank you.  That is _exactly_ what I meant when
I asked (more than once), what was meant by
"commands meant for this specific mode" and
"commands bound to modes".  (I got no answer.)

> Maybe something like "would inevitably signal an error"?

+1.  That's clear and useful.

(Whether or not such a criterion should filter
by default is another story.  But at least
getting this criterion nailed down would be
a blessing for the discussion.)