Re: Some question about code line count when sign GPL paper

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Some question about code line count when sign GPL paper
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 01:02:34 -0500

  >     (print "test2")))  ;; the only different line from test1

  > should I count this countribution 7 lines or 1 line?

The changes are limited to one line, but the change in that line
is trivial.  Perhaps it should count as 0.1 line.

There is no hard and fast rule here.  Ten lines of complex code
are much more significant than ten lines of trivial changes like that.

I'm trying to give a simple rule that approximates a judgment call.
There is no obvious correct way to do it.

--
Dr Richard Stallman