Re: master 32e790f: Implement NTLM server for ntlm.el testing

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: master 32e790f: Implement NTLM server for ntlm.el testing
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 02:42:38 -0800

> Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim@fitzsim.org> writes:

>> (Maybe as a result of the bundling discussions, GNU ELPA will become a
>> submodule of emacs.git which would make the dependency more reliable.)
>
> Maybe. But we aren't at this point yet. And since packages have their
> own repository life, I doubt that "git pull" from the Emacs repository
> will bring us also fresh packages checkout.

"Bundled ELPA packages" will have a release branch in emacs.git, which
will be checked out into emacs/elpa if --recurse-submodules is specified
with 'clone'.

But only packages that are likely to be used by many users will be
bundled; I'm guessing url-http-ntlm.el and web-server.el will not be.

--
-- Stephe