Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Proposal for an improved `help-for-help'
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 06:06:58 -0600

One of the usability complaints I've heard is that `help-for-help'
(`C-h C-h') could be better organized.  I also think some colors could
really help in making it easier to navigate.

I have attached a rough draft for what an improved version of might look
like.  It would be great to get some feedback.

I have also attached a patch, but it's very rough.  I'm specifically
having some trouble with font-locking: It works if I copy the contents
of the " *Metahelp*" buffer and invoke the mode manually, but it will
not work when I say `C-h C-h'.  Help with this is also welcome -- I'm
probably missing something obvious.