Re: [ELPA] New package: pyim

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: pyim
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 22:01:09 -0500

> pyim is a Chinese input method support quanpin, shuangpin, wubi and cangjie
> More details: https://github.com/tumashu/pyim

Yes, it would be a nice addition to GNU ELPA.

> * GPL paper status:
> https://github.com/tumashu/pyim/issues/376

There's a fair bit of that discussion written in a language I sadly
can't read.  What's still missing?

> * Need help
>
> pyim-pymap.el's  (https://github.com/tumashu/pyim/blob/master/pyim-pymap.el)
>
>  Chinese char pinyin info come from rime's
> luna-pinyin-simple. (https://github.com/rime/rime-luna-pinyin)
>
> while lun-pinyin-simple's Chinese char pinyin come from android project
>
> http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/packages/inputmethods/PinyinIME.git
>
> I do not know how to deal with this issue :-\

This is quite outside of my area of expertise, so I don't really
understand what this is about, but if the issue is to find a pinyin
table, then Emacs already comes with one, so we could both
arrange for Emacs to make it available in a more convenient form
(currently it's only available in the form of an input method, which may
be somewhat inconvenient to work with), and we could create a GNU ELPA
package containing it (or just add it to pyim) for use with older Emacsen.

        Stefan