Re: woman.el broken?

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: woman.el broken?
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 21:47:14 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Stefan, would you please make that happen?  Without that, the switch
> to easymenu is an incompatible change, ironic as it may be.

I've poked around a bit here, and I'm not quite sure what the right fix
is.

Typically, in the old-style definitions, it looks like this:

    (define-key map [menu-bar subdir]

The easy-menu incantation is:

(easy-menu-define dired-mode-subdir-menu dired-mode-map
  "Subdir menu for Dired mode."
  '("Subdir"

It then constructs (define-key map [menu-bar Subdir] ...) by just
interning that string.

Just downcasing that string would probably fix the problem (after
reverting the two quick fixes I applied) -- we commonly only use small
characters in these things for naming.

It could also be tweaked in access_keymap_1, but...  we're comparing
there with EQ, and we want to continue doing that.

Another way would be to allow a :name (or something) keyword to specify
the symbol if we don't want the default name, so ":name 'subdir" in this
case.