Re: Requesting a paid version of Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Requesting a paid version of Emacs
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2021 01:24:08 -0500

  > For example, there is an iPhone app called MobileOrg
  > (https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg), released under the GPL, that
  > works with this protocol.  It supports file synchronization over WebDAV,
  > Dropbox, and Apple iCloud.

This is a borderline ethical case: the source code of that application
is free, but its executable is not free in a practical sense,
since the iMonster operating system restricts the installation
of modified versions.

Could someone ask the maintainer of that manual to talk with me about
how to handle this case?

--
Dr Richard Stallman