Re: Ugly regexps

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Ugly regexps
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 17:04:23 +0200

On 04.03.2021 16:50, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
Please, be gentle. I think this is an unfair depiction of what Eli is
doing here.

Yes, it was harsh, and it doesn't happen every single time, but it happens enough that I can feel overwhelmed and have to choose something else to do with my time. And it's not like it's easy to forget all the previous times it happened (unresolved bugs have a way of keeping one's attention returning to them).

Granted, he's not always easy to convince -- but I think
that's part of his job as a maintainer.

If only it didn't step on, repeatedly, on my job as a maintainer. And feeling powerless (while still bearing responsibility) is not a great position to be in.

> And he has nearly infinite
> patience in following up on discussions.

Just read the comments in that bug report.