Problems with desktop.el after reecent local-mior-modes changes

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Problems with desktop.el after reecent local-mior-modes changes
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 20:59:03 +0000

Hi,

Has anyone else observed recent problems with desktop.el ?

After updating master today (to commit 1d4195856b), I find that emacs
built from the emacs-27 branch fails to restore a desktop save file, and
complains that `local-minor-modes' is not defined as a variable.

Desktop save files used to work interchangeably between branches up
unito a few days ago, so there is a regression somewhere.

Adding this to init.el suppresses the problem in emacs-27:
    (when (version< emacs-version "28")
      (defvar-local local-minor-modes nil))

...however I'm not sure what saved state has not been restored.

Is there some rework needed for desktop-minor-mode-handlers etc ?

    AndyM