Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 18:26:18 +0000

Hello, Stefan.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 15:52:51 -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > I didn't actually know there was a `sort_list' function, or a merge part
> > of it, so that should save quite a lot of code if I can use it (which I
> > probably can).

> I didn't either, really, I found them by following the code from
> `Fsort`.  Of course, this is meant for ELisp so the predicate has to be
> an ELisp value rather than a C function, so it will probably force you
> to define the predicate with DEFUN, which is not completely
> satisfactory (tho not terribly harmful either, I guess).

No, not completely satisfactory.  So, after spending an hour or so
trying to work out how to define a Lisp function in C without it being
visible in the Lisp world, I hit on a simpler solution - copy `merge' to
a new function `merge_c', replacing the Lisp predicate with a boolean C
function.  This works fine, at the small cost of a little code
duplication.

I think I've followed all your other suggestions from yesterday, now.

Anyhow, I think I've fixed the bugs that jakanakaevangeli pointed out
yesterday, so I'll post my updated patch in my reply to her/him.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).