MacOSx fonts

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: MacOSx fonts
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 21:06:03 +0100

Hi

Not sure this is the right list to ask, if not I apologize and would
appreciate a link to the correct one

On Linux my favorite fonts are

DejaVu Sans Mono"

As in
(custom-set-faces
 '(default ((t (:inherit nil :stipple nil :background "grey98" :foreground
"black" :inverse-video nil :box nil :strike-through nil :overline nil
:underline nil :slant normal :weight normal :height 160 :width normal :foundry
"PfEd" :family "DejaVu Sans Mono")))))

As I said on MacOs 10.15 I have installed fink and therefore a X11
server. I installed the DejaVu fonts, and
fc-list

Lists them.

However neither GNU emacs master compiled (or emacsformacosx for that
manner) use this font when I try the above setting,

Is there any MacOS user on the list who could enlighten me, please.

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer