Re: face-attribute and face-remapping-alist

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: face-attribute and face-remapping-alist
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 09:58:48 +0300

> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 03:05:42 +0000
> From: "gliao.tw@pm.me" <gliao.tw@pm.me>
> Cc: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> >From the above example, we can see that `face-attribute' will return results
>  *incosistent* with what we see in a buffer which has been updated with
> a theme in buffer-local manner via functions implemented in `face-remap.el'.

Sure, but the only change needed in all the cases you described in
order to return attributes that are aware of the remapping is to look
up the face in face-remapping-alist, before calling face-attribute.
This solution is so easy that I don't understand the need for changing
the behavior of face-attribute in such fundamental and incompatible
ways to produce the same effect.

Am I missing something?