emacsclient in elisp

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: emacsclient in elisp
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 14:50:54 +0200

I am looking for an elisp implementation of emacsclient. Is such a
functionality already build into Emacs? This would allow to start a
separate Emacs instance which can then be used as an asynchronous worker.

I am starting the server like this:
(call-process "/usr/bin/emacs" nil "*server*" nil "-Q"
"--daemon=myserver" "-l" "myserver.el")

Then jobs can be pushed onto the server:
(call-process "/usr/bin/emacsclient" nil "*server*" nil "-s" "myserver"

Instead of starting an emacsclient process, I would like to directly
communicate with the server.

Daniel