Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Sun, 23 May 2021 20:56:08 -0700

Here are some interesting profile pictures. On the left is emacs -Q w/
display-line-numbers-mode. On the right is a partial version of my
config with some of the things I mentioned before removed. Most of the
difference between the two comes in the amount of time spent in
merge_faces. My config ends up spending roughly 7.5x more time in
merge_faces (1500ms vs 200ms). What causes that to get slower?