Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Aaron Jensen
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 11:18:10 -0700

On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 11:03 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> I said merge_face_ref, not merge_faces.  See face_at_buffer_position,
> which is called whenever the display code finds a new face at some
> buffer position.

I see. I was counting merge_faces, but the below numbers are for
merge_face_ref on the master branch.

First run (no line numbers): 131,080
Second run (no line numbers): 130,376
Run with line numbers: 836,569

640% increase

> I don't know what that branch does; I thought we were talking about
> the master branch.

It should be the same for this, it's just changes to ns drawing afaik.
I'll test on master.