Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: macOS metal rendering engine in mac port
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 12:26:10 +0300

> Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 10:12:26 +0100
> From: Alan Third <alan@idiocy.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> One thing I know that's odd in the NS port is that we work out which
> face we need on the fly, whereas the other terms seem to have a
> central function that works out the faces early.

What do you mean by "which face" (singular)?  Redisplay of a typical
buffer under a major mode such as CC Mode usually needs to use and
merge about a dozen of different faces (think font-lock), so there
isn't a single face to figure it out.  Maybe you mean the default
face?  That one gets computed whenever we start the display operation,
such as redisplaying a window, and is reused until we are done with
the window.  Then we compute it again when (or if) we go to redisplay
another window.