Re: Search multiple Info-buffers at once with Info-occur function

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: Search multiple Info-buffers at once with Info-occur function
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 15:07:17 +0200

On Sat, 29 May 2021 at 15:15, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> Are you sure the facilities in info-look.el aren't a better starting
> point (or maybe even a solution) for the problems you have in mind?

Ah, I wasn't aware of this.  It's pretty much what I had in mind.

The only downside of info-look (and I guess this is inherent to the info
format, or to long-form documentation is general) is that you can't just
pick a random collection of manuals to search for symbols.  Instead,
there's a manually curated list of modes (via
`info-lookup-maybe-add-help') with recipes as to what constitutes a
symbol in that manual.