Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Easy configuration of a site-lisp directory
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 15:40:57 +0000

Hi,

I have been using something along these lines for a while now, and
wanted to suggest adding this to Emacs/ELPA:

The fundamental idea is to have an easy-to-use ~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/
directory where a user can clone any repository or create their own,
without having to manually add these to load-path, generate autoloads or
byte compile.

All my personal packages are managed this way without any issues that I
have noticed. My hope is that something like this would ease working on
and contributing to packages.

The above attachment is a stand-alone file, while my version is just a
blob at the beginning of my init.el. If there is any interest, it might
also be possible to add it to an existing file, but I was not sure where
it would fit in best.

--
        Philip K.