Re: link info/html files from the GNU ELPA package page

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: link info/html files from the GNU ELPA package page
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 21:28:08 -0400

> How would I go about adding html files from the :doc entry for wisi in
> elpa/elpa-packages to https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/wisi.html> ?

I'm not completely sure what you mean by that, but currently the doc
shown in `wisi.html` taken from the wisi package can only be plaintext
(so it would show the HTML code itself rather than its rendering).

Patches welcome to improve that.

If at all possible, it's probably better to have a source format
different from HTML, which we can then convert to the kind of HTML
fragment we need.

> I assume there's some script/elisp in elpa/admin that generates
> that page?

It's in `elpa-admin.el`, e.g. around `elpaa--html-make-pkg`.

        Stefan