Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 00:09:41 +0300

On 27.08.2021 17:33, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Agreed.  We don't need to force everyone to use a single workflow.
We should have a platform that supports reasonably well the different
popular workflows.

AFAIK SourceHut is the only project which explicitly aims to provide
full and convenient support for both web and email control, which makes
it the obvious&natural choice for Emacs, IMO.

From what I have seen of it, it's email-first, and far from "full and convenient support for ... web".

For example, those quality-of-life features that Gitlab has in the browser which I previously figured would be difficult to translate to email (the code review workflow, with inline comments and updates from the branch; automatically updated CI indicators and links to builds; editing of messages) are predictably absent.

Of course, it should still be a significant step forward compared to the current situation.