Re: Keybinding styles

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Keybinding styles
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 22:52:12 +0200

Daniel Fleischer <danflscr@gmail.com> writes:

> > Win+C, Win+X, etc. are hardly natural for MS-Windows users.

Or anyone else, for that matter.

> > But let's first think about users of GNU/Linux, okay?
>
> I would cautiously say that the profiles we're discussing are meant for
> users who skew toward OSes that are NOT Linux.  I might be wrong
> though.

They are principally meant for users of GNU/Linux, as that is the
primary OS that Emacs is developed for.  Keep in mind that not
everyone who uses GNU/Linux is automatically a power user -- you have
a very large variation in that group, just as you have with any other
OS.