Re: Gathering data on user preferences

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gathering data on user preferences
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 09:28:47 +0300

> From: Howard Melman <hmelman@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 00:25:29 -0400
>
> I proposed this almost exactly a year ago...
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-09/msg00451.html
> I got no responses.
>
> I still think it's a good idea and I hope people respond to you.

If by "respond" you mean you expect someone to write such a command
and submit it to Emacs, then the chances of that seem to be low, given
the time that passed with no one volunteering.

How about if you do this job yourself?

(We will still need to ask people to use this command and hope they
will be willing to tell us about their habits through this mechanism.
Personally, I'm not sure this will work, given how people feel about
telemetry features.  But it won't hurt us to try.)

Thanks.