Re: Deiconifying GTK frames on GNOME shell

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Deiconifying GTK frames on GNOME shell
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 17:48:01 +0300

On 10.09.2021 11:33, martin rudalics wrote:
> If I don't do (1), BTW, I can do (2) twice, and that also makes the frame visible.
 >
 > Meaning
 >
 >    (make-frame-invisible frame)
 >    (make-frame-visible frame)
 >    (make-frame-invisible frame)
 >    (make-frame-visible frame)

I attach a patch based on this recipe but it causes (occasionally
terrible) flickers on other desktops so I would have to special-case it
on mutter anyway.  I still have no good idea what's really going on
here.

The patch seems to work, fixing the scenario above. Thanks.

Not sure at which step the flickers are supposed to appear - probably in some more complex scenarios?

Perhaps related to the topic of the discussion: I very rarely use multiple frames myself (child frames excepted), but I'm happy to help troubleshoot bugs under GNOME anyway.