Re: Cleaning up rcirc

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Cleaning up rcirc
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 17:49:51 +0000

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
> Hi Philip,

Hi Tassilo, just wanted to say that your comment and encouragement has
been very helpful,

>> the feature/rcirc-update should have everything implemented that I
>> wanted to suggest adding to Emacs 28, that were missing in the last
>> merge. The manual and the NEWS file should reflect all the changes.
>>
>> Unless there are any objections, I would like to suggest merging the
>> branch into master, as from what I gather the master branch will be
>> cut off soon.
>
> I'd say, go ahead.  I've been using that branch on my server where I
> have my tmux/rcirc session since you've started it and it works fine.

Ok, but I'll just wait a bit longer.

I am not sure if you've tried out the recent changes, including
asynchronous connecting and reconnecting -- this is what I am worrying
about the most. It seems to be working, and I have tried a few edge
cases, but there might be some other situation that break in ways I
didn't expect.

--
        Philip Kaludercic