Re: Cleaning up rcirc

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: Cleaning up rcirc
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 11:00:09 -0400

Tassilo Horn writes:

>>> Adding #emacs is fine, I think.
>>
>> Is the #rcirc channel very active?
>
> 12 Users right now but it's pretty quiet.  There's an rcirc question
> maybe every few days and nothing much else.
>
>> If not, would it perhaps make sense to have only #emacs in that list?
>
> I don't know.  #rcirc is a very quiet channel but on-topic, #emacs is
> very active but has lots of off-topic discussions, too.  If I had an
> rcirc-related question, I'd try on #rcirc first.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

To add my 2ยข, I'd be in favour of keeping #rcirc and adding #emacs
as well.  While strictly speaking #emacs has historically not been
under the GNU umbrella of channels, the group of volunteers that
op/moderate it does include GNU-affiliated folks, including myself.
Further, it's been listed on https://www.gnu.org/server/irc-rules.html
for years, so I'd say it's fine to add it to `rcirc-server-alist'.