Re: Access control in Emacs?

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Access control in Emacs?
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:02:16 +0200

dick <dick.r.chiang@gmail.com> writes:

> > I don’t think UNIX is a good multi-user OS — Elisp will do much better.
>
> User programs live in n-dimensions, and the OS is (n+1)-dimensional.  Emacs,
> being a user program, cannot conceive of, much less create, an OS.

May I suggest that you indicate when you leave something out from a
quote with "[...]"?  In this case, your way of quoting makes it look
like something rather different from what was originally written: "I
don’t think UNIX is a particularly good multi-user OS — the access
control model is arbitrary and coarse grain. There’re improvements
like SELinux, but a CLOS generic function in Elisp will do much
better."

In other words, the author is saying that Elisp would be better for
implementing access control, not for implementing an OS.