C-h S and "misc" manuals

From: João Távora
Subject: C-h S and "misc" manuals
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 09:38:42 +0100

Hi,

Apologies if there is an existing bug for this.

If I do 'C-h S' (info-lookup-symbol) and then type
'completion-at-point-functions' I'm happily taken to the 'elisp' manual
node about that variable.  Nice.  But if I type 'C-h S' with
'flymake-diagnostic-functions' I get nothing, even if there is a @vindex
entry for it in the Flymake manual.

I don't think it should be like this.  In part it makes a very nice
command such as 'C-h S' seem less trustworthy, which hurts the
discoverability of the manual.  So either the manuals under doc/misc
should also be indexed by this command or the Flymake and other manuals
should be integrated into the Emacs and elisp manuals.

What do you think?

João