Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:30:15 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net>
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,  Lars Ingebrigtsen
>  <larsi@gnus.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org,  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,
>   Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 19:02:52 +0300
>
> Why not to use proper Unicode quotation like ‘...’?

Because not every terminal can display those.

We've been through this argument already, and that is why we decided
to use '..'.

I don't really see why people keep arguing, since everyone around here
uses the quoting they like anyway, disregarding the guidelines.  I see
`..', '..', and `..` all the time.  It's anarchy anyway, so why people
insist on arguing about something they won't follow anyway?  Just let
it go.