Re: Tree-sitter api

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter api
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 14:19:12 -0400

> I wasn't talking about tree-sitter itself, I was talking about the
> facilities Emacs will provide based on TS.  There will be in Emacs a
> function to calculate indentation using TS, right?  And that function
> will be language-agnostic, like indent-line-function is, right?

There is such a function but it doesn't do anything itself.  It relies
on the major-mode to do the heavy lifting which consists in giving
indentation rules for each one of the possible node types that can
appear in the AST (and as Yuan explained, those types are different for
every language).

        Stefan