Re: Crash in bidi.c in Haiku port

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Crash in bidi.c in Haiku port
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 09:21:23 +0300

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 11:24:54 +0800
>
> Recently I experienced this abort twice in my Haiku port when
> redisplaying a compilation buffer.
>
> The abort happens at line 3363 of bidi.c, in this snippet of
> bidi_find_other_level_edge:
>
>       /* If we are at end of level, its edges must be cached.  */
>       if (end_flag)
>       emacs_abort ();

Very hard to say without more details.  Like whether this was the
first character of a buffer/string for which the function
bidi_move_to_visually_next was called, what kind of object (buffer,
string, composition, something else) we were iterating, what is the
contents of the bidi_cache, etc.

A reproducer is best, of course.