nxml-mode: Could we support new XML schemas?

From: Kevin Vigouroux
Subject: nxml-mode: Could we support new XML schemas?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2021 17:22:13 +0200

nxml-mode only supports Relax NG Compact. The tools for converting from
one schema to another don't seem reliable to me: it seems to me that
they were created a decade ago and are now held at lambda locations (URL).

I would have liked Emacs (e.g., nxml-mode) to be able to validate
documents in XLIFF v2.1 or later [0]. It would seem that this would
require support for multiple schemas to enable an advanced validation
([1]: “NVDL Mapping Script”, page 194).

I am waiting for your comments to know what can be done.

[0] https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=xliff
[1]
https://ulir.ul.ie/bitstream/handle/10344/6105/Saadatfar_2017_examining.pdf?sequence=6
--