Re: master 902f31d 1/2: New user option mpc-cover-image-re

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: master 902f31d 1/2: New user option mpc-cover-image-re
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:37:20 -0400

> I have various small various fixes and improvements in the cooker, but
> implementing "idle" does sound like a fair bit more work.  Let me think
> about it.  IIUC, it would basically make mpc.el less synchronous?

Yes, and it would reduce polling as well.

> Meanwhile, maybe you can help me with this.  I have implemented the
> below command, but when I run it outside of the "*Songs*" buffer, it
> doesn't work.

My "doesn't work" crystal ball tells me that you're moving point in the
right buffer but without selecting the appropriate window.

> I also can't add it to the end of `mpc' (to make point
> start near the currently playing song).

I'd guess it's because the overlay-arrow-position is only set
later, asynchronously?

> (This is an important feature for me, as I typically have very long
> playlists that doubles as notes of what I've been listening to
> recently.)

I'm a big believer in long playlists.  Tho I've been playing with the
idea of compressing playlists to a list of albums to help with that
(since I (almost) always listen to my music a whole album at a time).

        Stefan