Re: Codifying some aspects of Elisp code style and improving pretty prin

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Codifying some aspects of Elisp code style and improving pretty printer
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 10:20:46 -0400

> A coding style that's not automatically enforced isn't very useful, in
> my opinion.  It just leads to even more arguing, with some people
> insisting that it should always be adhered to, and others arguing that
> this is a special case where it shouldn't.

I guess there is room for a *description* of the coding style that
happens to be currently in use.  Especially if it comes with sufficient
caveats to clarify that it's not a rule book.

E.g. it could have a few rules, together with a percentage of how often
it is followed.  Could be quite useful for ethnography and maybe also
comparative "literature", or to classify Free Software projects based on
their preferred coding styles.

        Stefan