Re: tab-line-tab-modified: cool feature... not yet there

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: tab-line-tab-modified: cool feature... not yet there
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 02:19:08 -0500

Hi Juri, Pedro,

Not sure why this thread was moved off-list.  I'll add it back.

> > El 28 sept 2021, a las 21:04, Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> escribió:

> > Thanks, now everything is clear.  The problem is that it changes the color
> > of the tab only after you switch to another buffer.  I don't know whether
> > the author Adam (Cc'ed) intended this.  It makes sense not to change
> > the color of the current tab immediately to not distract the user.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 12:00 AM Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
<paaguti@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don’t know if changing the colour in the tab distracts or confuses. At
> least it seems to confuse me ;-) I would expect the tab to change at the same
> time as the mode-line in order to have consistent information on the screen.
> I don’t like to be told different things by the tab line and the mode line ;-)

The patch I submitted doesn't have any effect on how or when the
tab-line is updated.  I've also noticed the effect you describe, that
the tab-line doesn't update until I change to another buffer, but ISTM
that that's an orthogonal issue.  The tab-bar does update with
redisplay, while the tab-line seems to only update on buffer-switch,
or something like that.  If the tab-line should update with redisplay,
I guess that could be done.  I guess it might be relevant to redisplay
performance, but Juri should know about that; maybe that's why it
doesn't already do that.