Re: But then what are namespaces ?

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: But then what are namespaces ?
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 23:49:57 +0100

On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 11:41 PM João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> wrote:

> > namespace during the talk at some point, but probably more along the
> > lines of "things that still didn't happen".
>
> Ah! It wasn't a dream, but it wasn't for ELS either. It's in your
> personal webpage:
>
> https://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~monnier/hopl-4-emacs-lisp.pdf

> Section 8.11

I'm glad I found it,  the section goes to succinctly list many of the arguments
here and lists links to many macro-driven approaches, that surely
"break grep  and -- contrary to shorthands -- also break M-., ElDoc, completion,
font-lock, etc and many other things. So maybe we should outlaw macros
as they are clearly making all this evil possible.

João