Re: Suggestion for improving ergonomics of repeat-maps: define-repeat-ma

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Suggestion for improving ergonomics of repeat-maps: define-repeat-map
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 21:02:39 +0200

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> But why not to unify them in another direction, i.e. not to use a list
> for options in defvar-keymap.  Then both syntaxes would be the same:

[...]

>   (defvar-keymap eww-textarea-map
>     :full t
>     "g" #'eww-reload)

The parenthesised version is more regular -- the keywords-at-the-start
thing feels pretty hackish.  (And means that eldoc doesn't give correct
info.)

But we do use the keyword-at-the-start approach in
`define-derived-mode', for instance, so perhaps we could here, too.
Putting keywords inside a () is pretty unusual syntax, anyway.

So I'm open to unify them in this direction...

Does eldoc have support for this kind of oddball syntax, by any chance?