Re: 2a73673 Change how thread-first/thread-last indent the first argumen

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: 2a73673 Change how thread-first/thread-last indent the first argument
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 09:35:19 +0200

Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

> In this commit, you changed the thread-last macro's indentation from
> (indent 1) to (indent 0).

The change made the macro indent the way it was documented to indent (in
the doc string):

  "Thread FORMS elements as the first argument of their successor.
Example:
    (thread-first
      5
      (+ 20)
      (/ 25)
      -
      (+ 40))

> Could this be reverted, please?  This change
> has two drawbacks:
>
> 1.  The threaded form is no longer indented differently from the other
> forms, so it no longer stands out.

I don't really have an opinion here -- I can revert the change if that's
what people that use the macro wants.  It just looked really wrong to me
to indent the first element specially, but I don't use these macros in
Emacs.  I don't think ->> indents the first element specially in
Clojure, for instance?  (At least I don't remember them doing so.)