Unicode 13 Emoji ranges composed with wrong font on NS port

From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong
Subject: Unicode 13 Emoji ranges composed with wrong font on NS port
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 09:27:17 +0100

First of all, thanks for the new emoji support, it's great!

However, despite what the NEWS file claims, I was visiting Unicode 13's emoji-style.txt downloaded from here and noticed that certain composed character in the modifier and zwj blocks do not compose using Apple Color Emoji on the NS port running on macOS 11, but somehow went to Symbola, even after setting (set-fontset-font t 'emoji '("Apple Color Emoji" . "iso10646-1") nil 'prepend). Specifically, the characters are #x270c, #x261d, #x270d, and #x26f9.

I also noticed that Emoji Presentation isn't handled correctly according to spec yet, tho much closer than most browers except Firefox.

Are these omissions intentional? Sorry I couldn't follow the long emoji thread.

--
Jimmy Wong